This morning Maggie noticed we had ANOTHER bird stuck in our wood stove! I blame the insane winter weather we are having lately for the birds wanting to take refuge in our chimney at all costs.
This afternoon Maggie was able to coax the bird into the box system we’ve used twice now successfully. Unfortunately, one of the flaps slid open and the bird escaped into our apartment! Chaos quickly ensued as we scramble to find a way to free it/keep it away from the cats (although it would have been fun to see them chase a live bird around our apartment for a while, maybe next time!).
Somehow it got in between a chest of drawers and wall in our dining room, where Maggie was able to throw a hoodie over it and trap it temporarily. While on the floor trying to wrap it in the hoodie to help get it out of our apartment, the bird escaped and flew between Maggie’s legs and into the kitchen, where it proceeded to get stuck between the blinds and the window. Maggie was able to grab it (while it shrieked to be freed) and rush it out the door and back into the wild.
It was a chaotic couple minutes, but luckily it didn’t damage anything or defecate anywhere. Unfortunately, I don’t have any pictures of the hilarity that ensued 🙂