One cool thing about Twitter is that it can bring you closer to people you wouldn’t normally be connected to, such as celebrities (who have really starting using Twitter a lot lately) and professional athletes in order to see what they have to say. I’ve tried to follow celebrities before, such as Ashton Kutcher when he was trying to beat CNN to 1 million followers, but I never found them that interesting. Recently I stumbled across Twitter-Athletes.com which is a website that contains a directory of professional athletes (and winter olympians) twitter accounts so you can follow your favorite athlete. Just about every team has someone who tweets even a little bit, so most teams are covered.
Here are a few sports related athletes that I currently follow:
- Denard Span – MN Twins center fielder
- Pat Neshek – MN Twins pitcher
- Ozzie Guillen – Hated Chicago White Sox manager (just to see if he says something bad about the Twins!)
- TC Bear – MN Twins mascot
- Minnesota Twins – Official MN Twins account
- Kelly Theiser – MN Twins beat writer