Maggie and I started our journey to New Haven, Connecticut today, leaving the Twin Cities about noon with our Penske truck and cars loaded to the brim. We made it to Rockford, IL before calling it a day and finding a hotel. Before we did though, we stopped at the Ruby Tuesday just off the interstate near Rockford for dinner. It wasn’t very busy but it was taking a while for my burger to come (Maggie had the salad bar) so the waitress offered me a free pass at the salad bar, but I wasn’t really that hungry to begin with and wanted to save my appetite for the burger. Finally the burger came and the manager personally delivered it to our table and comped our entire meal! I’ve been offered discounts and free deserts before for slow service, but this is the first time it was entirely comped. It really wasn’t a big inconvenience to have my burger come a bit late, but getting it comped was worth it for having to wait a few extra minutes. Having this done for us was a nice surprise considering how stingy and how poor the service is at many of national resteraunt chains.
- athletes baseball basketball beans bird blog bon iver Brent california chanhassen cheese chimney christmas college coon rapids cross-country skiing deer hunting dogs e-mail eau claire facebook fall family funny Geocaching getty golf GPS Halloween high yield checking account hiking iphone kittens kristen La Crosse letterman location los angeles maggie march madness minnesota twins MLB mountain dew music New Haven parents party PA School poacher poker restaurant road trip san diego seven brides for seven brothers spring spring break St. Olaf super bowl toys turkey twin cities Twins Twitter Vacation valentine's day Weather wedding Weekend whitetail wine wisconsin wood stove work Yale youtube
- RT @wyomingpd: FRIENDLY REMINDER! If you’re arrested for DWI this weekend you’ll be in jail until Tuesday! That means you won’t be able to… 4 weeks ago
- RT @MattBarkley: Oh my 😳 @TeamJuJu twitter.com/LeadingNFL/sta… 1 month ago
- Win this $1,800 Garmin Panoptix Ice Fishing Bundle! targetwalleye.com/giveaways/win-… via @TargetWalleye 1 month ago
- RT @Twins: Joe Mauer: Beast (dad) Mode. #Halloween2017 https://t.co/l2PypS0OPa 2 months ago
- In which it is compared to the dance parties hosted by Torii 🙄 twitter.com/derushaj/statu… 3 months ago